Today's Survival Show Forum
April 26, 2017, 12:37:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Today's Survival Forum, share your survival ideas.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Non Weapon-Weapon  (Read 9356 times)
midge

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »

Oh that one has been through court before. They can't legislate a skill or knowledge as illegal. Just the use of it, and if you beat the crap out of even a bad guy with your amazing Kung Fu, I'm pretty sure they'd try to charge you with at the least, assault.

On the same subject, a Vin Diesel move has him threaten, then kill someone with his tea cup. When others harass him, he casually picks up a an old soda pop-top from the ground. The other men back off in horror.  Very funny version of "Anything can become a weapon."

All the world is Mad, save Thee and me, and at times me thinks that Thou art also Mad.
phuttan

Evil CO2 Exhaler

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 06:13:43 PM »

Careful Bob, there are probably some DAs that would try to prosecute you. Years ago an attorney warned me not to say that "anything can be used as a weapon" because, if I was ever attacked, people that heard me could testify against me. He actually warned that using a phrase like that can hurt a self defense claim in the future. I still tell people that anything can be a weapon, but I realise that people today have a messed up way of thinking. It's a scary world out there, and I'm not referring to the criminals.

That said, I used to practice thinking of ways to use common items as weapons. Just look around from time to time, pick an item at random and try to think of as many defensive uses as you can. With practice, you'll be suprised by how many uses you can think of. At that point, bad guys beware.

Pat

Live free, speak the truth, love completely, die hard.

I bother because if no one speaks out, the brain washers win without a fight.
nfoot

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »

Almost anything can be a weapon.  Each has it's own range of effectiveness.  My son's martial arts instructor teaches them how to improvise and make weapons out of almost everything, including your hands and feet.  midge, where you live, what if I came through and told them I was carrying my hands and feet as a weapon?
I think the trick in the wording replace weapon for tool and see what is around you at any one time
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: