Today's Survival Show Forum
June 26, 2017, 08:38:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Today's Survival Forum, share your survival ideas.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Episode 288 - Survival Mindset Part 2  (Read 1115 times)
Jake

« on: October 20, 2016, 10:54:05 AM »

Bob,

I have to disagree with you about voting for a third-party candidate. This election may be the one is best for voting outside of the two-party system. If you live in a state that is likely to be vastly one-sided in the vote, your vote is unimpotant to the outcome of the election. There are probably 10 to 11 states that the outcome is up in the air. Since your vote will not affect the outcome for your state, you can use it to increase the vote for a third party meaning they will get more coverage and exposure. This is the only way we can get more and better choices in future elections. Prove to the masses that there are other viable parties to vote for. If you think that voting for a third party that has no chance to win is a waste of your vote, then you are saying your vote doesn't really matter anyway.

Regards,

Jake
Todays Survival Show
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »

I see your point, but I think in the primary election is the best time to promote a 3rd party candidate.  I think a 3rd party should have a primary election and convention just like the other 2 parties.  Then the public can see how popular they are getting and perhaps get them on the national ballot.

But at this late in the game, encouraging people to vote 3rd party in the states where it matters the most, is risky because it denies someone who really could start affecting change, the chance to win.

To know that even one life has breathed easier because I have lived, that is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

www.todayssurvival.com
Bob@todayssurvival.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: