Today's Survival Show Forum
April 30, 2017, 03:32:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Today's Survival Forum, share your survival ideas.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: April 2016  (Read 2436 times)
ravenwolf31

« on: April 22, 2016, 05:06:48 PM »

Today I made Laundry Soap!

Hi guys. Today I learned how to make laundry soap. I just grated 3 bars of Fels-Naptha soap into a 5 gallon paint bucket. Then I added 3 gallons of hot water and stirred it all up. Now I am going to let it set over night, and in 24 hours I will add in another 2 gallons. Then let it sit for 2 days. It should make about 5 gallons of really concentrated laundry soap or 10 gallons of non concentrated. I picked up the recipe on Becky's Homestead only she used Zote, and I could only find Fels where I live. I am a complete noob when it comes to making this, so this is my first foray. I figure this is a bit cheaper than buying it at the store.

If a man lose ev'rything he owns
Has he truly lost his worth?
Or is it the beginning
Of a new and brighter birth? -- Through Heavens's Eyes, Prince of Egypt Soundtrack.

Preppers: We are the type that for when the world hands us lemons, we make beef stew. Then we just sit back and watch while everyone else wonders how the hell we got beef stew out of lemons. Oh and we are willing to teach them how we did it. -- Ravenwolf

The Wolf Den My Blog
Carlyle

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:23:06 PM »

So, how did it tun out?
ravenwolf31

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 08:28:31 PM »

Still working on it, It has one more day to set, then I will test it out on a load, but everything is going according to the recipe so far.

If a man lose ev'rything he owns
Has he truly lost his worth?
Or is it the beginning
Of a new and brighter birth? -- Through Heavens's Eyes, Prince of Egypt Soundtrack.

Preppers: We are the type that for when the world hands us lemons, we make beef stew. Then we just sit back and watch while everyone else wonders how the hell we got beef stew out of lemons. Oh and we are willing to teach them how we did it. -- Ravenwolf

The Wolf Den My Blog
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: