Today's Survival Show Forum
April 25, 2017, 03:26:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Today's Survival Forum, share your survival ideas.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What So Proudly We Hailed  (Read 4538 times)
blackhawk542

« on: April 30, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »

Just curious if anyone else has ever read this book? I read it several years ago and found it to be a very good book. It is very thought provoking and in someways prophetic. The authors name is Blaine E. Staat and I believe he had a blog at one time. Just thought i would throw it out there as a topic.

“Make your plans to fit the circumstances.”
- General George Patton Jr

“A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.”
- General George Patton Jr
Todays Survival Show
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 02:52:05 PM »

I have not, but good topic.  Here's a summary:

Freedom, faith, and fascism accelerate to an inevitable collision in this nightmarish vision of a future America that is much closer than we would ever believe. The year is 2027. The United States has changed. Little by little, over the years - out of their own selfishness, apathy, and fear - the American people have given away all of the hard-fought freedoms that had been paid for in blood as if they were worthless trinkets, and in doing so have allowed themselves to be willingly lulled into a state of total dependence. The government that was once the benevolent servant of the people has now become its ruthless master, and in "the best interests of all" , it has relieved the "burden" of choice from the backs of all Americans.

Please buy it through my Amazon store if you do, http://www.todayssurvival.com/amazon-store/

Man, 2027 is really not that far off. 

To know that even one life has breathed easier because I have lived, that is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

www.todayssurvival.com
Bob@todayssurvival.com
FighterDoc

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 07:51:10 PM »

Haven't read it, sounds like I should.
The last fiction book I read was 'For Heroes Proved' by LtCol Oliver North.  Well, I'll say 'fiction', as some of the stuff turned out to be scarily prescient.  Some day we can sit down and drink root beers and talk about where/when I was as the book/reality unfolded.

I will no longer accept the things I cannot change...I will now change the things I cannot accept!

FighterDoc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: