Today's Survival Show Forum
June 23, 2017, 08:40:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Today's Survival Forum, share your survival ideas.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another use for hand sanitizer.  (Read 8449 times)
Jackpine Savage

« on: May 04, 2014, 05:53:44 AM »

I'm not sure where I came across this but alcohol based hand sanitizer if put on athletes foot will dry it up and get rid of it in about two or three days.   I've used it and as the summer is hopefully just around the corner its time for boots to get sweaty and cause a problem.   All that is needed is to rub sanitizer between your toes and let dry.   In the event it doesn't remove the athletes foot, the area is clean and open for a medicated spray   It also feels cool on your feet and makes you feel better at the end of a long day.   YMMV

Take Care and Stay Safe

It's a Jungle out there.
Super Dave

"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail."

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »

this is a definite note to self, Texas + boots = foot broccoli!  Thanks for sharing this!

— Benjamin Franklin
markthenewf
Chief Newf

Chief Newf

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 01:38:23 PM »

Yup... I heard that somewhere before.  BTW, I played hockey for the better part of 20 years (lots of spandex and elastic encased 'armor') and never had any sorta heat rash.... until I moved to Texas.  WTF?

Keep your stick on the ice....

Mark
Super Dave

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:46:45 PM »

I grew up in the desert southwest, I am still trying to get used to the Texas summer rotting of certain parts of ones body.  I use enough powder to produce chemtrails when I am a little gassy this time of year!   Cheesy

— Benjamin Franklin
FighterDoc

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 05:23:52 PM »

I've got to tell you, I've never heard that tip.
It makes sense at some level though, drying things out and getting good air and sunlight is a great way to help with a little foot fungus/yeasty goodness.  Of course, a lot of mild athlete's foot will go away just due to your body's natural healing if you keep things clean and dry and don't get your toes to soggy in the heat.
You definitely have to take care of your feet though, I've seen too many situations where super-healthy and capable folks became whimpering babies with a little foot broccoli!  (I love that phrase and may need to steal it.)

I will no longer accept the things I cannot change...I will now change the things I cannot accept!

FighterDoc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: