Today's Survival Show Forum
June 26, 2017, 08:33:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Today's Survival Forum, share your survival ideas.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun Takeaways  (Read 5281 times)
Todays Survival Show
Administrator

« on: February 13, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »

I took a 2 hour gun take away class in Krav Maga tonight (with my son.) It's a 6 week course, taught once a week. The instructor is the owner of the club and he was excellent. It reinforced some things I've learned as good techniques, but definitely taught me some new techniques and made me realize some things I've been doing wrong.

On another forum several months ago, I was called a "cowboy" for suggesting that I would rather the bad guy stick the gun close to my body, because it would be far easier for me to take it away from him.

Tonight's training showed me I was right and all of those people who called me a "cowboy" to them I say, I hope they are never in a fight where their lack of knowledge will be tested.

To know that even one life has breathed easier because I have lived, that is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

www.todayssurvival.com
Bob@todayssurvival.com
markthenewf
Chief Newf

Chief Newf

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:02:19 AM »

I took a 2 hour gun take away class in Krav Maga tonight (with my son.) It's a 6 week course, taught once a week. The instructor is the owner of the club and he was excellent. It reinforced some things I've learned as good techniques, but definitely taught me some new techniques and made me realize some things I've been doing wrong.

On another forum several months ago, I was called a "cowboy" for suggesting that I would rather the bad guy stick the gun close to my body, because it would be far easier for me to take it away from him.

Tonight's training showed me I was right and all of those people who called me a "cowboy" to them I say, I hope they are never in a fight where their lack of knowledge will be tested.

Cowboy.  Funny stuff.  Must think everyone in Texas is one.

We generally find that distance is your friend with gun fights.  However, in a close encounter, the closer the better!  Growing up playing hockey in the 70's and 80's, distance was the enemy.  To have any 'effect', you needed to be within no more than arms length and the faster you closed that distance the better.  I would suspect ANY type of combative situation that doesn't have both parties armed with firearms is better up close.  I am also a fan of fighting dirty!  You want a fair fight, take up boxing.  Grin

Let us know how you make out.

Keep your stick on the ice....

Mark
Mexicanjoe
Prolific Prepper Sponge

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:14:22 PM »

I agree Cowboy.

Tactically You should never shoot an assailant any closer to you then they have to be. Because you can be disarmed.

Military thinking is don't engage an enemy at 3 yards when you can at 30. Engage at 30 when you can engage at 300 and so on.

It this case I want them right on me as I have a better chance to disarm them as well as have a better chance at 2 feet to turn that weapon on them then to have it used on me. I am not sure I could to that at 20 feet.

Also most attacks will happen inside your personal space.

We have a few martial arts instructors planning to come out and train with us so we can swap ideas and training very soon.

Better to have it and not need it Then need it and not have it.
FighterDoc

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:32:04 PM »

Markthenewf,  no, no, no!  This wasn't a make out session!  ("Let us know how you make out.")  This was learning self-defense techniques, totally different.  His make out classes are on Tuesdays.

I will no longer accept the things I cannot change...I will now change the things I cannot accept!

FighterDoc
Super Dave

"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail."

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail."
— Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: