Today's Survival Show Forum
June 23, 2017, 08:36:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Today's Survival Forum, share your survival ideas.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A meaningful proverb I read this morning.  (Read 7810 times)
dtwalters
"I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag."

« on: November 10, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »

A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. Proverbs 27:12 (NLT)
FighterDoc

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »

I can't disagree!

So what does that make the millions of Americans who want to keep heading in the wrong direction?

I will no longer accept the things I cannot change...I will now change the things I cannot accept!

FighterDoc
kenpachi

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:25:22 AM »

Its sad that wisdom is such a scarce commodity while stupidity are abundant, in fact, some even try to be stupid and are proud of it!
Thox Spuddy
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 11:06:13 AM »

Thanks for that verse, I love Proverbs. In secular work I also am a big fan of Aesop's Fables.
I've been reading and re-reading Proverbs 20-33 in recent times. This is where "Wisdom" is personified as a woman.

Pro 1:20-33  Wisdom cries aloud outside; she gives her voice in the square;  (21)  she calls at the head of places of commotion; in the opening of the gates, in the city she utters her words:  (22)  Until when will you love to be simple, you simple ones? And will scorners desire scorn for themselves? And will fools hate knowledge?  (23)  Turn back at my warning; behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you.  (24)  Because I called, and you refused; I stretch out a hand, and none inclines,  (25)  but you have ignored all my counsel, and you did not desire my warning.  (26)  I also will laugh in your calamity, I will mock when your dread comes;  (27)  when your dread comes like a storm; and your calamity arrives like a tempest, when distress and anguish come on you.  (28)  Then they shall call on me, and I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me.  (29)  Instead they hated knowledge and chose not the fear of Jehovah.  (30)  They did not desire my counsel; they despised all my reproof,  (31)  and they shall eat of the fruit of their own way and be filled with their own lusts.  (32)  For the going astray of the simple kills them, and the ease of fools destroys them.  (33)  But he who listens to me shall live securely and shall be at ease from the dread of evil.
FighterDoc

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »

Great ones!  I try to read a chapter from Proverbs each day.  Sometimes it seems that the one I read for that day is the exact one I needed!  It also helps me remember what day of the month it is, so I don't go writing the wrong date on the inevitable paperwork I'll face that day...

We read Psalm 100 this morning as a family, good reminder to be thankful!  Happy Thanksgiving preppers!

I will no longer accept the things I cannot change...I will now change the things I cannot accept!

FighterDoc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: