Today's Survival Show Forum
November 22, 2017, 09:32:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Today's Survival Forum, share your survival ideas.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Survival  (Read 2987 times)
MOP3.0

« on: September 13, 2010, 01:05:47 PM »

One thing we have done in our apartment is we have a spare bathroom, attached to the master bedroom. Since most survival items call to stored in dry cool places. We use the bathtub in this bathroom as our emergancy food storage and water supply area. The great thing is we have also put a shower curtain so that if someone else needs to use our restroom our preper supplies are hidden from view (out of sight out of mind).

"Shoot for the moon if you fail you'll land among the stars."
atomic17
Proudly Canadian

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:29:46 PM »

one of my resolutions is never to live under a landlord or homeowners association. Seeing as land up north is cheap i think i will succeed in my goal.

להיות עם חפשי בארצנו
rainygardener
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:31:39 PM »

One thing we have done in our apartment is we have a spare bathroom, attached to the master bedroom. Since most survival items call to stored in dry cool places. We use the bathtub in this bathroom as our emergancy food storage and water supply area. The great thing is we have also put a shower curtain so that if someone else needs to use our restroom our preper supplies are hidden from view (out of sight out of mind).

Brilliant idea! Grin
atomic17
Proudly Canadian

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 04:27:19 PM »

a good suggestion by JWR is to buy small cans, like tuna or soup, and put them in single file on a bookshelf, then put books in front. Also high up are under the bed and in couches in the place of the hide-a-bed. personally im much more in favor of everything of one sort in the same place, for example all my food preps are on a sturdy shelving unit in the basement; it makes taking inventory very easy. But one does what one can...

להיות עם חפשי בארצנו
oldsoldier
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »

a good suggestion by JWR is to buy small cans, like tuna or soup, and put them in single file on a bookshelf, then put books in front. Also high up are under the bed and in couches in the place of the hide-a-bed. personally im much more in favor of everything of one sort in the same place, for example all my food preps are on a sturdy shelving unit in the basement; it makes taking inventory very easy. But one does what one can...

another idea, a prepper friend from another forum said she bought canned food by the case and stacked the cases ( same size ones) at the end of their couches and cut a piece of plywood the same size laid it on top of the cases and covered with a table cloth instant end tables. She lives in an apartment as well

If I can help one person to get prepared, If I can through my knowledge and prevent them from making the mistakes I have made. If I can help just one person to obtain the knowledge that will save their life or the life of a loved one. Then I will know that the time and work I have invested was and is worth every minute spent.
ravenwolf31

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 07:28:19 PM »

I bought several rubber tubs that I stack in a closet that hold extra food and supplies. I am also putting together a utility cabinet too.

If a man lose ev'rything he owns
Has he truly lost his worth?
Or is it the beginning
Of a new and brighter birth? -- Through Heavens's Eyes, Prince of Egypt Soundtrack.

Preppers: We are the type that for when the world hands us lemons, we make beef stew. Then we just sit back and watch while everyone else wonders how the hell we got beef stew out of lemons. Oh and we are willing to teach them how we did it. -- Ravenwolf

The Wolf Den My Blog
40Cal Joe

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »

i dig holes and fill em with what I need to live.

My weapons locker is filled with
More guns than I need
But not all that I want.
rainygardener
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »

i dig holes and fill em with what I need to live.

Good idea, they can't be stolen if kept quiet.
Got to do that with the spare key, DH went out of the state for a week and an hour later the dog locked me out of the house, boy was I p*ssed. Cheesy
Clybrad

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »

When I lived in an apartment I did a lot of prepping also.  My storage happened EVERYWHERE.  We bought an autaman that had cavities built into them so that we could put extra pillows in the.  Mine was filled with food and water.  My upstairs office closet was filled with food, water, tools, ammo, whatever you could think of.  I had rubber maid containers that you could fit under the bed stuffed with toliet paper.  I practiced gardening inside and outside the apartment.

In the place that I worked I had a locker.  So some of my preps secretly made it to my locker.  I figured I could use that one of four ways.  One would be a cashe if TEOTWAWKI happened (didnt figure it would), second would be if I got hungry at work, third would be if my co-workers got hungry, and lastly if I needed to take some home for dinner. 

I also had friends that were dotted around the city that allowed me to keep a small rubber maid container at their houses and it had around 3 days of food for one person.  Even though it was not a lot, it was something. 

I also had my Jeep orginized so that I could keep food, water, ammo, tools, car parts, clothes, blankets, cb radio, or whatever I thought I would need.

In an apartment you have to get really creative.

“It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” Samuel Adams
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: